Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Mitzy & baby girl

My name is Mitzy, and I have 2 wonderful boys, but last year I had a miscarriage in Sept. I was 12 weeks along when our doctor told me my baby had passed at 11 weeks 1 day...this was our girl, and we were very devastated! God has been helping us through this so much as well as our family and friends have been supportive.
I am looking forward to this book, because...it has been almost 8 months since this happened, but I am still very sad, and I have days when I feel very deep sadness. It is hard to explain it to my family because they kinda feel like I should be over it now...and sometimes I feel like they have forgotten her, because they never got to hold her.
Holidays are still hard, like Christmas was really bad, and her due date was very bad. She was due March 29th, 2006 and now we are coming up on Mother's Day, but once again I am feeling very sad all over again...I mean I am thankful to God for the 2 boys I have, But I soo miss my little girl.
Sometimes I feel like I don't have anyone to talk to, because if I do start talking about things, people look at me like why am I talking about it, and that I should have moved on by now. It makes me very angry!!
I believe your book is going to be a great help to me during this time in my life. I will keep you posted once I read it.
Thanks so much Mitzy

Another note from Mitzy,
We didn't technically know that the baby we lost was a girl, but my husband and I felt very strongly that it was. I was very sick the first trimester with all my pregnancies, it was to the point of being severely dehydrated & couldn't keep anything down, and I lost about 20 lbs with each.
Well, on Sept 19 I woke up around 7 in the morning and was having some cramping & spotting. I called the doctor & they had me come in for an ultrasound just to be on the safe side & to see what was going on. While the technician was taking measurements, she looked at me & said, "I'm sorry, I don't see a heartbeat." Those horrible words are still very clear in my mind to this day!
The doctor said the baby had passed away about a week before which ironically enough is the weekend of Sept. 11th. I was scheduled to have a D&C the next day. My husband & I both prayed that night for peace. through all this & fast recovery, for what was ahead.
The next morning I woke up at 6 am with alot of cramping, that went on for a few hours & got worse & closer together. My girlfriend called me to pray, and as she was praying over me I felt something drop in my stomach. After I got off the phone I stood up and I started bleeding very badly, so my husband rushed me to the ER & once they got me calmed down they prepped me for the D&C.
The doctor told me my body had gone through the labor process to expel the baby. The baby had slid down the vagina area & all the doctor had to do was pull her out. She was in one tiny piece, just very, very tiny. I asked the doctor if she could tell what it was & she said not really, but we both knew it was.
Leaving the hospital was the worst thing in the world, because I went through all the labor pains and went home empty handed. I totally understand you about the depressing feeling of everyone around you having babies. Two of my friends were pregnant at the same time I was & we all due within 3 weeks of each other. They had their babies, both girls.
This has been the hardest journey of my life, But I am very thankful to God, because he has helped me every step of the way!
I will email you once I read the book. Thanks so much, Mitzy

No comments:

Post a Comment